Consistently Can't find Wifi Networks Without a Reset or Reboot iPod 2G HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Emailzac, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Emailzac

Emailzac New Member

So This has been occurring since i first got this touch in the beginning of this year. I'll get to school or a coffee shop or something, try to find the network in the wifi settings, but the it'll be in an endless search for any networks. This will persist untill either the network settings are reset or the ipod is rebooted. This originally wasn't such a big deal, i would reset or reboot and be fine, but now that its jailbroken (WHICH IS AWESOME), the only program for fw 2.2.1 is tethered! So either i have my computer on me or i get no internet, which kinda defeats the purpos

EVERYONE i know who recently bought an ipod has this exact same problem, and i'm wondering why i can't find any info on it.

Seriously this sucks, help me.
  2. flapper

flapper New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Have you tried disabling WiFi then maybe reboot and then switch it on and see what results you get. Maybe just try switching WiFi off and on again as a start
  3. Emailzac

Emailzac New Member

So i have tried switching Wifi on and off in both SBSettings and regular Settings, unfortunately that doesn't work. For a while i thought turning wifi off and when leave and enter certain wifi areas, but recent circumstances have convinced me that that was just luck. i will try turning off the wifi and rebooting, but doesn't the tethering reset network settings? Whatever I'll try it anyway.