iOS 4.1 Considering remove limera1n by restoring. My ipt 3g will be exactly as from factory?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by daikyouju, Oct 10, 2010.

1. daikyouju

daikyouju Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Just jbed' my iPod touch 3G 32GB (MC model) with limera1n and I have cydia. But cydia is slow as hell! whats wrong? I keep getting 504 / 502 error while loading it.

So i'm considering removing jailbreak due to that. Is that ok?. or should i wait to cydia improves over time.

Will i be able to upgrade to future versions of iOS normally?

thanks in advance.
  2. y2kss66

y2kss66 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Nothing is wrong with your jailbreak, Cydia's servers are just being slammed. Give it some time and all will be fine.

If you want to remove it anyway, just restore in iTunes and all traces will be gone as long as you don't then restore to a backup you made of the jailbroken ipod.
  3. Bigray14719

Bigray14719 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The limera1n jailbreak is still slightly buggy
    Many people are having issues with the jailbreak.
    However several people are suggesting that the error your encountering is just due to an excessively overload cydia server.

If you go into itunes and restore to 4.1, u will be back to stock. Then you can tryto jailbreak with limera1n again or wait for a more stable version.

If u chose not to restore.
    The cydia sever may calm down in the next couple of days( if that's really the problem)

And either way, You will always be able to restore to THE LATEST firmware through itunes. Just remember that doing so will put your device back to stock.
  4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I recently got a new iPhone 4 from my insurance and it was preloaded with 4.0.2 but I upgraded to 4.1 and then jailbreaked with limera1n, the question I want answered is if I restore my iPhone from a backup now will it remove the limera1n jailbreak? Any help appreciated thanks
  5. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    No, restoring from a backup will not remove the jailbreak. You need to restore to a fresh firmware and make sure not to use a backup of a jailbroken device.
  6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

That great thank for your help, I actually want to keep the jailbreak but need to restore from backup but your post does the job for me :-D thanks again