Considering Ipod Touch Need Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zodiak, Mar 5, 2010.

1. zodiak

zodiak New Member

Hi,

Im considering purchaing an Ipod Touch however I have some thoughts about the Zune HD as well.

Currently I lean towards the Ipod for a few reasons one major point is the Touches ability to play "Youtube"videos however I have read something about touch doesnt play flash videos.

Now my question is I spend a lot of time at you tube watching all sorts of video can some here help me understand what I can expect regarding my ability to view ...all..partial or no Youtube video if I indeed purchase a Ipod Touch 3rd generation.

Thanks for you help & knowledge
  2. undergroundH

undergroundH Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Although the youtube app is a great feature, From my experiences with it is that it only loads the video partially.
    Sometimes the whole video but not often.

My wifi is fast so I don't know what the problem is there.
  3. zodiak

zodiak New Member

thanks for the reply...it sorta helps

Im concerned/curious with the touch can you watch youtube?

you say partial could you be more specific Im on the fence with wether Im going touch or zune hd right now a big influence is the Youtube ability
  4. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    YouTube Videos are great. It loads full, I've never had a Video load partially. The only flaw I see in the YouTube function is that new videos take An hour or 2 to process, then you can watch the Video.

The iPod Touch cannot watch Flash Videos, such as Vimeo, etc.
  5. zodiak

zodiak New Member

again thanks for the info....what is vimeo? how would I know a video is vimeo?

also an 1hr or 2 to process?

Im sorry for being a newbie Im just concerned with getting the touch and realizing I made a mistake
  6. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It's another video site like YouTube. 1 or 2 hours from when the video was first posted to YouTube for the MP4 file to be made by YouTube. Not every time you want to watch a video.
  7. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What you bought a iPod just for watching videos??? Wow, thats king of... Stupid... Anyway YouTube issnt the only site to watch videos, by my experience, i saw that Apple site's videos can be watched on the iPod, so id say to find other websites where u can watch videos is something u gotta do by urself
  8. TechnoEagle

TechnoEagle Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The iPod touch cannot watch flash videos, but there is a YouTube app preinstalled on the iPod that lets you watch YouTube videos (in a non-Flash format). I have noticed that it does often take a long time for videos to load, but it is not unbearable.
  9. zodiak

zodiak New Member

"What you bought a iPod just for watching videos??? Wow, thats king of... Stupid"

If that was addressed to me no I havent yet, and thanks for you help!

Ok so youtube will work just takes time for a or all videos to load then there viewable?

thanks gang