Considering buying iPod Touch: Price Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BlueStreak22, Jan 25, 2009.

1. BlueStreak22

BlueStreak22 New Member

Okay so I sold my iPod Touch 1st Generation 8GB today finally. Now I want to get the newer one and I'm debating whether to get the 16gb or the 32gb. Now, from apple its 300 for the 16, and 400 for the 32. But if I look around on other websites, some of them are selling the 32 for around 325 bucks. Now my problem is that I'm not sure if there's any risk or bad sides on buying it from them. Does it matter if they're "Apple Authorized Dealers" and will the Apple Warranty still work the same way? I really want to get the 32gb for 325 bucks but I'm paranoid about whether it is a bad idea not to buy it from Apple. Anyone here bought from places other than Apple and if they were not "Apple Authorized Dealers"? Any help will be appreciated.
  2. 1YNQMWQVHZ

1YNQMWQVHZ Active Member

Hmm..
    I agree that $75 is a great save, but I am not sure about the warranty.
    My friend bought a nano chromatic in some shop, it was cheaper than in apple, and..
    He wanted to give it back in the Apple store, but they said you can't..
    Not sure about the warranty, maybe it didn't work too...
  3. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, any company selling Mac pruducts (Harvey Norman, Dick Smith, Noel Leeming, don't know if you have those shops in America or wherever), aren't allowed to make a profit off them. They sell them at cost price and apple wont let them do otherwise. They only sell them to bring people into the store because iPods and iMacs are such high profile products. I assume they must be allowed to lower the price so they lose money, as they do. They make up on the loss and some because everyone who wants to go in there to get an iPod because its cheaper than everywhere else, alsoe wants to get say, a toaster, or an iPod case.

Everybody wins

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also I am not sure, but I think that to be selling Ipods in the first place they must be "Apple Authorised".

Go for the cheaper 32 gig
  4. BlueStreak22

BlueStreak22 New Member

i guess i'll take your advice and go for the 32gb. i hope its the right choice
  5. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You should be able to enter your serial number here and see what warranty is available for your product or the one you are considering purchasing.
  6. callofduty4

callofduty4 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How much did you sell your 1g for?
  7. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

WOAH! thanks so much nick for the link!
    i just realized my ipod is covered until December 21, 2009 under apples limited warranty. lol and i bought it off craiglist used haha this is awesome

Our records indicate that your product is covered under Apple's Limited Warranty which is estimated to expire on December 21, 2009.
    Your product is eligible for complimentary phone support which is estimated to expire on March 22, 2009.

SWEET!
  8. BlueStreak22

BlueStreak22 New Member

About $120. Accidently turned down an offer for $130 though :/. But I really want a 32gb but I'm still debating whether to get it from Apple or not. It seems like such a deal!