Considering buying iPhone need some answers please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanielT, Feb 25, 2010.

1. DanielT

DanielT New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Hello all,

I recently got from a friend an iPod touch 2nd gen 16 GB.
    I never thought I would like the iPod but I love it.

Now, I have been contemplating changing my wireless carrier for some time already due to some many disagreements and dissatisfaction... but I digress.

Considering getting an iPhone but I have 2 major concerns:

1. I use the internet a LOT and my iPod touch, since it is not a phone, obviously I use the 802.11 wifi... well, this sucks my battery dry VERY quickly. I get MAYBE an hour and a half. I know that 802.11 adapters do use quite a bit of power - much more in general than using data connections on phones... and that's where my first question comes up: Will I get very good battery longevity between charges if I use internet and games and such a lot? How does the iPhone perform with regard to battery life - assuming I will not use the wifi because I will have a data plan?

2. Only other concern is I MUST be able to sync all my Outlook information through Exchange. Will the iPhone sync with my contacts, email, tasks, notes and documents?

Thanks in advance.
  2. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    To answer your first question I get very good battery life compared to what others on this forum do. I listen to music for maybe 2-3 hours a day, texting throughout the day, and probably half hour to an hour of games and at the end of the day I have 20-30% battery left. Keep your brightness down. That drains the battery the most in my opinion. I have mine about 1/8 of the way up and that works great for me.

I'm pretty sure you can sync outlook through exchange but I'm not possitive because I have never used that program so don't take my word. But if it works on the iPhone it probably works on the iPod so test that first.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the internet. I don't use that much only about 15-30 minutes a day but it does use less battery life but not a ton less.