Considering an iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by richardcav, Jun 14, 2010.

1. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm currently with Verizon and I'm wavering between a Droid and an Iphone. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

I've seen the droid, and while it's not great with games (which isn't my purpose for the phone, anyway), it's not a bad phone.

I'm currently with Verizon, and my wife doesn't want to change carriers. She's convinced that Verizon has the best coverage and ATT won't allow us to call when we go to obscure places, like Alabama.

So, I guess my question is, if you have an ATT plan, are you satisfied with it? Do you have any problems making calls without dropping them?

Forgive me if you've already seen this post. I thought I posted it a week ago (been busy), but I can't find it. Thx!
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I've had AT&T since August last year.

No problems or dropped calls yet.

As I've told others before, it really depends on where you're located.
    I'm sure Alabama will be covered with EDGE, at least. (Probably has 3G too)
  3. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It all depends on where you live. Coverage in my area is great. Never once had a dropped call. The other week I had to go to DC and I had signal in the metro a couple of times.
  4. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's hit and miss where i am (South Bay California Area). Even though the coverage map shows that we are fully covered by service, we arent. But other than my aparment, the local college, and a few other places the service is pretty good. Had a few dropped calls but i live in a dense population.
  5. prettygeek1985

prettygeek1985 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have the same problem right now...my family is on a Verizon Family Plan, but I'm wanting to personally swap to AT&T and get the Iphone 3GS. I've played with my brother's Droid, but I personally like the Iphone better.

Sounds like my brother.

Please Register or Log in to view images

When I told him I was buying an Iphone, he laughed and said "good luck." Course he loves Verizon and wouldn't trade his Droid for anything...and I've had MANY dropped calls with Verizon. I live in a small town in SC, but most everyone that has AT&T has told me they like it. So hopefully, it'll work out for both of us.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. richardcav

richardcav Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I apologize for my delayed responses. I'm aso considering the evo (my #1 choice), but I haven't heard a lot about it even though it seems to be great.
  7. jhon martan

jhon martan New Member

it all depends on what you want it for. they are different devices. i like the iphone i would go for it because it has more features than the camera. try this link

http://www.plrone.com