iOS 3.1 Cons of Jailbreak and Getting Bricked?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by guitarplayr82, Feb 10, 2010.

1. guitarplayr82

guitarplayr82 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I've been thinking about jailbreaking my iPod touch lately and I already know most of the pros. The things I'm worried about are the cons. Can somebody list all the cons for jailbreaking on 3.1 firmware? I have a 2nd generation touch. Also, how do you avoid getting bricked? What causes a brick? Lastly, how many times do you have to restore throughout the process of jailbreaking and un-jailing back to stock?

Thanks in advance-
    Joey

P.S. If anyone wants to give any opinions as to if they think jailbreaking is too risky or anything. I use my touch A LOT and I don't want it to become unusable. Since jailbreaking voids the warranty, once you restore back to stock can Apple tell you jailbroke?
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Jailbreaking is perfectly safe if you dont mess with things you don't understand. The only major con is decreased battery life but its hardly noticeable in my opinion, mine's ran out of battery once in the year and a half i've had it. The reason why there's decreased battery life would be if you had multiple apps running or had a major theme or something on it.

I've only ever had to restore my iPod a couple of times in all that time because of jailbreaking and that was only becuase I was playing with things I didn't understand. Its 100% safe and once you restore, your warrenty will be intact again.

As for bricking, its basically impossible to brick an iPod, you can restore back to factory settings via a dfu restore 99% of the time

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You CANT brick an iPod touch by jailbreaking, you just simply can't. I love how people who know what the word brick means go into panic mode about there device without even researching that the device is practically unbrickable in the hands of a amature jailbreaker.

Unless your doing something stupid like chnaging your device USB serial, which you probbably don't even know what is, you won't brick your device.