Connects to the internet but can't open any web pages

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by niki123, Dec 28, 2007.

1. niki123

niki123 New Member

I have a N-linsys wireless router and i have made a network but once i connect my ipod touch to it when i try to open a web page it says that it can't find a server. Can anyone tell me what i can do to fix this. Thank you!
  2. evilp8ntballer7

evilp8ntballer7 New Member

are you getting an apipa address as the ip, one as such 169.254.x.x ?
  3. i have the same problem but no helps me in my threads

Please Register or Log in to view images

hah
  4. niki123

niki123 New Member

No im getting one with numbers, as the second one u posted
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There are dozens of thread talking about this. You need to get the guide for your individual router from the manufacturer and try some settings.

First, you said an N-Linksys? I'm guessing that's 802.11n - you need to set it to run 802.11g - look in your manual for that. If possible, turn off mixed mode and just connect using 802.11g (no 802.11a, no 802.11b, no 802.11n).

Second, if you go into your Wi-Fi on your iPod Touch, are you getting assigned IPs automatically for IP, DNS, Router, etc.? If so, that's a good thing usually. If not, change to a static setting and manually enter IP addresses. Your router manual should give you more information.

Third, if you're being assigned and IP correctly and still are getting the server error in Safari, try your security settings. Try to turn them off entirely and see if it will allow you to get online. If so, you'll want to change your security to something that'll work (different WEP key, etc.). Triple-check when you type in your WEP key - it's easy to make a mistake using the touch keyboard with random letter/number combinations. Don't forget capitalization - that's important. And if you don't know - when you have enter your password for your wireless connection - that's the same as your encryption code... it's confusing to some...

Fourth, check with your router manufacturer to make sure you have the latest firmware. Look in your manual to figure out how to do that or check their website.

Finally, if you're still having issues, try someone else's router or a free hotspot to make sure you're not having problems with your iPod Touch.