Connectivity and Restore Issues.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Zunox1, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Zunox1

Zunox1 New Member

First off: sorry if this is in the wrong place

Please Register or Log in to view images

, this is just an important issue to me reguarding a $300 paperweight on my desk.
    A few days back, i jailbroke my iPod touch (2.1). Everything was going great untill about 4 days ago. When i went to sync it to my computer, it did not recognize it, it called it an "Unknown Device". At first i figured no big deal, and looked for the drivers for it. I reinstalled IiTunes (twice), found all the drivers specified in the drivers folder on my computer (still there), and i even tried assigning them to the "Unknown Device", but all failed. Even in Recovery Mode, my iPod was not recognized. This is problem one.
    I was looking through settings on the iPod, and found an "erase all data and settings" button, so i clicked it. After about 2 hours of it erasing data (or whatever it really did, a progress bar under an apple logo was present), it began to reboot. After about a minute of the apple logo alone (as if normally starting up), the spinning wheel appeared, then froze. After another couple minutes, the screen shut off, and the apple logo appeared again within seconds. This process has been going on for 4 days now. I can get it into Recovery Mode (with a bit of work), but my computer still will not recognize it. So, basically my iPod is stuck in a never-ending cycle of rebooting. This is problem two.
    Any help is appreciated

2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Plug in
    Turn off
    Hold both buttons for 10 seconds
    Release power, hold home until it pops up in iTunes.
  3. Zunox1

Zunox1 New Member

Gitykins.. Thanks, but this did not work

. iTunes didnt see it, and windows just told me its an unknown device (yet again).
  4. cainy

cainy New Member

check and see if the mobile device service is running on your machine, open task manager and sort the processes by name and look for one called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe, if its not there reinstall/repair itunes