Connection Error - Voip

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by joeyhbaby, Mar 22, 2008.

1. joeyhbaby

joeyhbaby New Member

I have tried countless times to get Voip to work on my iPod. I tried it on 1.1.1, 1.1.2, and on 1.1.3 and every time it never works. I just downloaded the new 1.2v of it and now I see that it is a Connection Error. I have a VoipCheap account and I live in Minnesota, USA. I enter everything into Voip correctly and when I click "connect to sip server" it always gives me the "Connection Error". I've had many different voip providers and none of them seem to work. Could it be because of the way my internet is set up? I can connect to Safari just fine. its just this app that won't work. I'll have a video on youtube pretty soon so you can see what i'm doing.
  2. strchris

strchris New Member

3. joeyhbaby

joeyhbaby New Member

Its definitely the way my wireless internet is set up. I went to the apple store a few days ago and tried out their wireless internet for the Voip app and it worked perfectly. What kind of internet do you need set up? right now I have the network running off of a Time Capsule. I had a Linksys router before the TC and neither of them worked so obviously its the way its set up. I have a password to get into the network that might be it..but i'm not sure..
  4. Sparky1010

Sparky1010 New Member

I am using VOIPcheap.com's SIP account too and I own a linksys router with a password set on it. No problem here. Just make sure you typed everything in correctly.

Username: username
    Password: password
    sipserver: sip.voipcheap.com
    Timeout: 1800
    NAT: NO
    STUN-DOMAIN: blank
    STUN-SERVER: blank

The username and password are case sensitive and if it helps, when I put blank, that doesnt mean I left it saying STUN-DOMAIN or STUN-SERVER, its blank...
  5. thomasw4138

thomasw4138 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I''ve got the same problem.
    It jus wont connect. Saying theres connection error.
    I tried using IP address. But it didnt work either...