Connecting Windows-synced iPod to OS X Leopard?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by multimolti, Jan 20, 2010.

1. multimolti

multimolti New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi!
    I have always synced my iPod with iTunes on Windows using my Windows computer. Yesterday, I installed OS X Leopard and tried to sync the iPod with iTunes on Leopard, but it won't recognize it, I just got information that "iPod" has been connected (not "<name>'s iPod" as on Windows) and a question whether to import the photos.

I think I remember something like formatting and installing the firmware for Windows when I first used my iPod, but I'm not sure. Is there any way to sync my iPod with OS X without formatting it and loosing all my data and highscores and stuff? Thanks!
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

As far as I know you can't sync Windows iPods with Mac, you can only do it with iPod Touches.
  3. multimolti

multimolti New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, see the forum we're in? Of course I'm talking about my iPod touch 3G 32GB! I just dont want to erase all the stuff
  4. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Okay sorry I thought you weren't because you said "iPod" but it's all right. Anyway, try checking the "Manually Manage Music and Movies" box

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. multimolti

multimolti New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Check it where? In iTunes or inside the iPod? If you're talking about iTunes, I don't know how because the the iPod won't even show in iTunes.
    And I don't only want to manage music and videos, all I actually want to do is testing apps I'm going to create

Please Register or Log in to view images

Or is there a way to transfer the compiled app in an IPA file to my Windows computer?
  6. scylla2

scylla2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If this is a "hackintosh" machine you're trying to synch with your iPod this may not be possible. I know from experience that this won't work properly.
  7. multimolti

multimolti New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Really? Crap... is there any way to fix it? I read that there are so many kexts who can fix all kind of stuff from USB and LAN issues to providing a whole new kernel.