Connecting to WiFi but not web

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bronwydd, Mar 19, 2009.

1. bronwydd

bronwydd New Member

I have a new Ipod Touch 2G 16gb and I'm really pleased with it as an MP3 player, Calendar, Contacts etc. The problem is the WiFi, or more specifically, the web.

I haven't tried any fee hotspots yet, but at home the Touch has recognised and connected to my router (Belkin F5D7632-4). In spite of this none of the web applications - Safari, Weather, You Tube etc will work.

Going to Settings>General>Network>WiFi>MyNetwork> I get an IP address of 169.254.xxx.xxx and a subset mask of 255.255.0.0.
    on Settings>General>About I get a WiFi address (which is a mac address type of 6 hex pairs)

On my router the Touch does not show in the DCHP Client. I have tried typing the mac address into the mac address filtering list for the firewall, but this doesn't work either and causes issues elsewhere on the system.

The DHCP server is normally set with it's default value of 192.168.2.1 with a subset mask of 255.255.255.0. It also sets a range of pool addresses that should be used. The value shown on the Touch is of course not in the correct range. I tried manually setting the touch to suitable values but still can't persuade it to work.

Does anyone have any ideas please?
  2. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    f/w 2.2.1 right? do other wireless device also connect to the router? ex. wireless printer, laptop etc.? if not.
    try resetting the router settings. then connect to it again.
    if that doesn't help, try restoring the ipod.
  3. bronwydd

bronwydd New Member

Yes everything else works and I've reset both router and Ipod several times.

It's frustrating as the device has the potential to be so useful and it's being crippled by the lack of connectivity.
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i get you.

Please Register or Log in to view images

sorry dude. ran out of ideas.
  5. Dash9944

Dash9944 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    haha thats my problem as well.
  6. dim3000

dim3000 New Member

You could use the WiFi through a USB cable, check the first page in the iNetCable in my sig

7. neetan

neetan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i think the only way to fix it is get a new router or upgrade your old one because i had this problem and i bought a new router and it works great