connecting to the internet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by J-rad, Oct 5, 2009.

1. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi guys. I really need to connect to the internet on my ipod. there are so many things i want to do but i cant because i cant get my wifi to work. Would anyone be able to give me some basic instructions on how to connect to the internet on my ipod? Please include any important things such as anything to do with bluetooth, VPN settings, etc.
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You should list your issues instead...
  3. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmmm....how about i cant connect? It could be anything.
  4. deepower

deepower New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What is the brand of your Router/Modem? and Have you tried any other hotspots? (like in starbucks etc.)?? If you can't connect anyother hotspots/nodes with the correct Pass/IP pool then :

you have a problem with your wifi chip/part that is located in your iDevice. Take it to apple.

if not, the problem is causing becouse of your modem. (eg: my PS3 cant connect to my D-Link access point. it -strangely- only works with linksys.)
  5. J-rad

J-rad New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, i have all my internet hard wired, none of our pcs have blue tooth or anything. I tried a adhoc network with my dads lap top but i couldnt bridge the local area connection meaning no internet on network

Please Register or Log in to view images

. My libary has free internet but the stupid log on page you need to use to use their wifi isnt compatible with ipods, when i asked they said i was the first person to ever ask about using their wifi on a ipod

. I am with vodafone and have a D-link 4 port modem. No starbucks in my area (btw, i live in New Zealand so things may be different here). Its not my wifi chip because i can pick up and connect to networks, i just need to find a suitable network that has internet now.
  6. deepower

deepower New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    okay so you basicly need to bridge Local ethernet (that is connected to your dads laptop) to your wifi (sorta setting up a adhoc.) well it can technically be done but you have to set up it again and again whenever you're goingto use it.

I advice you to buy yourself a WiFi Router. (You can enter the same settings that your local ISP gave you - just drop them a call

) It can be a starter model with a 2/3 db antenna, if you're on a budget. That'll work for you i guess.