Connecting To The Internet Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CaliScreamin, Dec 31, 2007.

1. CaliScreamin

CaliScreamin New Member

So today, when I went to Starbucks to try out my internet, it said you needed to pay for it and a log in. So then I was like what the hell, isn't it suppose to be free? Then I went to McDonald's and it said you had to pay for it again and you needed a log in. Is there anyway I can get onto the internet with WiFi but without having to pay or something? I still need to jailbreak my iPod on the internet. Or is there a way to jailbreak it and get the apps without the internet? Someone please help me!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Thrash_648

Thrash_648 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think you can jailbreak via your computer, but it would be pretty pointles beacause you wouldnt be able to download any apps....

see if there is nyone near your house who has a conncections that isnt password protected that you could uhh.... "use".

or you could just buy a wireless router

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. CaliScreamin

CaliScreamin New Member

Well, when I try to connect it does show a couple people near me that can access the internet or whatever but it needs a password. But at my other house we do have a wireless router thing I thing. Cause we have a lap top and a computer and we can go on the laptop wirelessly. So, do you think I could get on the internet even if it's not WiFi?
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just to clarify - Starbucks only provides free Wi-Fi for the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store - not for surfing.

If you're looking for free wireless access, try to search your location at www.jiwire.com - some free spots near me: Meijer, Qdoba, Panera Bread, local library.
  5. CaliScreamin

CaliScreamin New Member

OOOHHHHHhhhh!! Thanks!
  6. CaliScreamin

CaliScreamin New Member

But do you think that cause my house gives off wireless internet and if you brought a laptop in my house and you could surf the web wirelessly, do you think I can do the same with my iPod Touch?
  7. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If your laptop access the internet wirelessly, 99% certain you're using Wi-Fi so your iPod touch should work as well... Can't hurt to give it a shot. And if you have internet available at your other house, you can always pick up an inexpensive router or access point for as little as $20-$30...