Connecting to school wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by krm0789, Dec 3, 2009.

1. krm0789

krm0789 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I mainly bought the touch to connect to wi fi & now I can't figure it out! On a laptop, you connect to the college's wi fi. When you try to go to a webpage, you're brought to a page that requires your school id & password & voila. The ipod, however, sees the network (I think? I typed it in as 'other' & when I did that, it seemed to recognize the school's 2 networks) but when I try to get to the log in screen in Safari, it tells me I'm not connected.

Any ideas?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, but in my university, we needed to download a special certificate to allow the use of the network. You may need to talk to your school to see how to get it working. Or, if you see someone with an iPod Touch ask them how they got it working

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. JuarezD619

JuarezD619 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well this is for my school to, you are usually taken to a page where you log on with your info, I had this problem to, but like yours my school has two connections. I went to the second connection and it had me log on from the settings, so maybe this can apply for you too.
  4. CarlosTheJackl

CarlosTheJackl Member

simple
    go 2 google, search something, that screen should popup,
    Thats what i have to do at my college.
  5. hayntaptap

hayntaptap New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I get that too, I think that if you're using school networks or wifi You have to login to verify that you're an administrator