Connecting to aux input in hifi via bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Tombrown10, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Tombrown10

Tombrown10 New Member

Right, basicly Im new to this, but I've been thinking about 3.0 Bluetooth - I don't want to buy expensive Bluetooth speakers, as my hifi is much better quality etc...

Does anyone know if there is anything on the Market which can pick up Bluetooth from my iPod and then ouput via a line-out, which I can plug into my hifi? This would be great as I could carry my iPod around and control the music but have it play through my hifi rather than headphones or the iPods tinny (sp?) speakers...

Thanks!
  2. thesoundsmith

thesoundsmith New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an answer, but it's ugly, IMHO, and I don't know that it actually works, though it should, according to the specs. Data sheet here, top itemI too would like the product, so I can play my WiVi instrument live on stage. But it's more than I am willing to spend at present. And it is ugly. Yes, I already said that...
  3. Olly

Olly New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd dig up this one.

I have an iPod Touch 2nd gen running 3.0. I want to stream my music to my hifi via bluetooth.

I've seen this:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-player-accessories/belkin-tunestage-ii/4505-6519_7-32109110.html

But presume this is now not needed since the 3.0 firmware engages the ipod's bluetooth negating the need for the Belkin transmitter add-on.

Is there anything on the market that is simply the receiver part?
  4. Gorillatouch

Gorillatouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just something to look in to. get an airport express to stream music to your stereo from iTunes and get REMOTE app from apple (free) to control it.