connecting the touch to a tv

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chrisfnmac911, Dec 17, 2008.

1. chrisfnmac911

chrisfnmac911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    can u view websites on tv or play youtube on tv connecting a ipod touch to a tv?
  2. awesomo

awesomo New Member

3. chrisfnmac911

chrisfnmac911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    how do you get the web browser or youtube to display on a tv? i tried with my friend's touch today and couldn't get it to come up in my car's tv. i only had five minutes to do it though while i was on my smoke break. i tried finding the tv out option in settings but couldn't find that either
  4. awesomo

awesomo New Member

There should be a sound(L/R)- and image-input somewhere on the tv. But it might be that the tv's in cars don't have such a thing.
    If you can play any other device on it then it should work. (like a laptop or console)
  5. chrisfnmac911

chrisfnmac911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    mine does, i connect my ipod video to my tv
  6. MistorOrange

MistorOrange Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure the ipod doesn't display anything untill you either play a video file, such as from your library or from youtube, then the video appears on the tv. As far as web browsing, etc, I don't think so.

You can either shell out a fortune for the special apple tv-out cable, that has the chip in it to let tv-out work, or I think some company has made a 19.99 cable that works, try on ebay, don't remember if they work or not tho.
  7. chrisfnmac911

chrisfnmac911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    so the cable i have for my ipod video wouldn't work then? it connects from the bottom. when i had my friend's touch the other day, i got the audio to work but he didn't have any videos for me to test and i couldn't get youtube up due to the work's wifi being out of reach. kinda sucks that the touch can't get a web browser to display on a tv, i was gonna use it in my car so i can see football stats.
  8. MistorOrange

MistorOrange Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    No, the "ipod video" tv out cable is completely diff, I think the ipod touch a/v out cables access the place where the sync cable normal goes. I know the ipod has the ability to display everything on a tv out, b/c when Steve Jobs, does those presentations that have a special model that allows it to feed direct video.

I've also always wanted it to be able to do that, i think it would be awesome for just full tv out, but oh well. It gripes me more that we don't have built-in wide screen email, and copy/paste. I'll never understand the lil things apple doesn't include. lol
  9. awesomo

awesomo New Member

Are you sure you purchased a Video/Audio cable? Maybe you but an Audio only cable? (Normally this shouldn't be hard.)

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. chrisfnmac911

chrisfnmac911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    the a/v cable i have in my car for my ipod video connects where u plug in to sync, got it off of ebay for 10 dollars like six months ago. i've included the link at the bottom, it says it doesn't work for the ipod touch or iphone, lol. can someone direct me to a cord that will work, thanks
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Cable-Charger-out-Audio-Video-IPOD-3rca-A12_W0QQitemZ110320670267QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Electronics_Installation?hash=item110320670267&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50