Connecting iPod to Computer Deletes Songs?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by quadmanjt, Sep 26, 2008.

1. quadmanjt

quadmanjt New Member

I got my 2nd Gen iPod Touch about 2 weeks ago. Anyway, today I had a video I wanted to add to my ipod so I hooked it up to sync.

Now, I do a manual sync for everything but podcasts and photos. I had one new podcast so I knew it was going to automatically sync that one before I could manually go in and add the new video.

However, when I plugged my iPod in it said it was syncing for a long time. After about 2 or 3 minutes I stopped it from syncing to find that it had deleted all my songs and videos (over 21 GB of stuff) yet didn't touch my podcasts, photos, or applications.

I've also had a problem with itunes telling me that the "disk is unreadable, please restore ipod." Usually if I just unplug it and replug it in it will resolve the issue and recognize my ipod. This happens constantly and I've restored my ipod several times and even reinstalled itunes.
  2. s0Li

s0Li New Member

yeah this happened to me...

I got my ipod touch this morning hooked it up and it syncd fine. I actually messed around with the songs so I knew it was ok. I then find a pic I wanted to use for my wallpaper, so i put that in the folder and syncd again. While I was resyncing it was copying all of my songs, making duplicates on my ipod, so i canceled the sync. I get to work plug it in to the usb port to keep it charged and I go to listen to some music while on break and there are no songs but the picture is on file....no idea what happened.