Connect to my Computer Anywhere?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by friedmannn, Mar 4, 2009.

1. friedmannn

friedmannn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, I wanted to know if there was a way to see my computer screen anywhere on my iPod touch. What I mean is, not just when I'm connected to the same WiFi network, but if I turned on my computer at home, then went to my friends house, connected to his WiFi, would I be able to connect to my computer, see the screen, and operate normally? Thanks!
    Another quick question, if I did that and was controlling my computer on my iPod when I was at my friends house, would it use his WiFi, or the WiFi at my house? Same goes for playing videos, would it play them off my computer?
  2. deepdvd

deepdvd Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I recommend using Jaadu VNC or Jaadu RDP. Just go to their website and follow the instructions in the Support Tab.

And you would obviously be using the WiFi wherever you are currently located at... um, did you really just ask that?
  3. friedmannn

friedmannn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's not what I mean about the WiFi. I mean that if I loaded Firefox on my PC via my iPod and went to a ifans.com, would it use my home internet connection to load ifans.com or the internet connection I was currently at, since I'm just controlling my PC from somewhere else.
  4. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You have to be on the same wifi in order to VNC control your computer
    As far as I'm aware.

unless technology updated again.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. TheTerminator

TheTerminator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, you can be somewhere else controlling your PC from another WiFi or using 3G as long as you set up port forwarding and you know your IP address.