Connect to iTunes RANDOMLY Appears, please help me!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ijailbreak3dot0, Jul 8, 2010.

1. ijailbreak3dot0

ijailbreak3dot0 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iPod Touch 2nd gen
    8gb, MB Model
    OS 3.1.3 jailbroken 3 months ago w/ spirit

My iPod touch usually works fine, but lately, after some reboots, the connect to iTunes screen pops up. (see pic) However, when I connect the iPod to iTunes on my computer, it gets recognized as "iPod Touch" and proceeds to work normally. All my data stays put, and iTunes still syncs normally.

This problem began after performing the "launch daemons" and "increase cpu speed" tweaks.

So my question is, why is my iTouch doing this? Should I remove the tweaks, or should I restore completely?

If restoring is my only option, can I still restore to 3.1.3 with itunes 9.2 and jailbreak on another computer that doesn't have itunes?

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It "connect to iTunes" sign is very low quality and looks like you have it as your lockbackground...
  3. ijailbreak3dot0

ijailbreak3dot0 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    While it may appear that way, that is not my background. That is the legit connect to itunes screen, but with the android lock somehow coming on top. Entering the correct code does not do anything with this screen. The android lock stays as is.

As I mentioned before, this happens randomly during reboots. Maybe 1 out of every 5. It has happened to me twice within the past 2 weeks. Connecting it to itunes seems to fix the problem.
  4. Gatorsxrule

Gatorsxrule New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Happend to me to on 3.1.3, don't know what caused it but I learned to live with it
  5. ijailbreak3dot0

ijailbreak3dot0 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So there's no fix?

If I put back all the launch daemons ( I backed them up) and the default .plist file for the CPU speed hack, will this go away?

Or will I have to suck it up and not reboot it unless I'm near a computer?
  6. Gatorsxrule

Gatorsxrule New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It happened to me without removing launch daemons so I don't think it will go away, so yes you should only reboot if you are near a computer IMO.