connect pc to wifi using iPod?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by awsome8, Mar 26, 2010.

1. awsome8

awsome8 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    is there something that can be downloaded to connect my pc (which doesn't have wi-fi) to the Internet by plugging my iPod in and running some program?
  2. JadaSki

JadaSki Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if your pc doesnt have wifi how will your ipod get it?
  3. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    he whant's to know if he can use his ipod instead of a wifi card bacause he dosent have one
  4. awsome8

awsome8 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yea that's what I meant. i do have a wireless router but my pc in my room doesn't have a wifi card in it. sorry that I didn't make myself very clear.
  5. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's called Tethering. It's mainly used to get a computer onto a 3G network from an iPhone, but I don't see why it wouldn't work on an iPod Touch. (Keep in mind, I'm no programmer.) Just search 'How to thether' on this very forum, there should be a few tutorials. Give it a shot and let us know.
  6. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Look up something called iTunnel... it might not be what you're thinking of but if I remember right it might have some tethering function.
  7. awsome8

awsome8 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I found something else called pdanet. it works really great. you need to download it off cydia and then download the pc/mac suite of the Internet. so now I can connect my pc to my wireless router!!! thanks for your help though. the downside though is that now I have to install an anti virus program and everything but it doesn't matter.
  8. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Great find ^ Ill make sure I try it. If you have an iphone just get MyWi from cydia and it makes your phone into a wireless router without pluging it into a pc or anything.