Connect PC to Blu-Ray Player/TV to Stream Movies and Pics

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Naveen121, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I have a Sony TV and a Sony Blu-ray player with internet connection through an Ethernet cable, does anyone know a good/simple way to connect my Windows 7 PC to my Blu-ray player (and thus my TV) so I can stream movies and pictures to it? Thanks for your help! :)
    amenda8998 likes this.
  2. McRofl

McRofl Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So you want your PC to send Vids & Pics to your TV via your blu-ray player?
  3. iFaRtRaINb0WZzz

iFaRtRaINb0WZzz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    XBMC, once you get it set up, which is just adding your files, it should show up as a PC in the TV's media player. This will also allow to stream to your iDevice (Jailbroken of course) regardless of file format.

Guide
  4. Naveen121

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, I want to stream videos and pics from my computer to my TV via my Blu-ray player, and the reason I say via my Blu-ray player is because I want to do it wirelessly, meaning i will not have to connect my computer to my blu-ray player through an HDMI cable, instead, (and im pretty sure there is a way to do this) i want to be able to do it through the internet, as both my laptop (through wifi) and my blu-ray player (through an ethernet cable) are connected to the internet (my home network).

so basically, i just want to be able to stream media from my computer to my TV without needing to plug my computer into the TV or the blu-ray player, so any method that could do this would be great!

Wait so if i download and install XBMC on my computer, my blu-ray player will automatically detect it on the network? or do I need to enable some media sharing thing on my comp and install something on my blu-ray player for it to work?

thanx for the replies btw :)
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  5. iFaRtRaINb0WZzz

iFaRtRaINb0WZzz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If your Blu-ray player can detect UPnP devices it should work w/o a client, but when I wrote that I thought you wrote Sony Google TV. It's worth a shot though!
  6. Naveen121

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh haha aight, ill try it out and let you know if it works, thanx again for the advice! :)
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Use SMB SHaring
  8. Naveen121

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Argh...it didn't work :/
    What is that and how do I go about using it? Thanx!
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63123

If you get the folders you want to share shared on Windows then XBMC will find them and setup is really simple.
  10. Naveen121

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, I've followed all of the steps given in that link and installed XBMC and added my movies folder. Now where do I go from there to view my movies on my TV?