connect itouch to TV

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NDLE, Jan 15, 2008.

1. NDLE

NDLE New Member

hi guys
    what cable should I use? I've tried the one for ordinary Ipod (plugged into earphone socket) but it doesn't work. Any suggestion ? Also all accessories I've seen are marked compatible for all else but not Itouch .. does it mean nothing has been made for it yet ??
    Ta.
    ND
  2. s4shanonly

s4shanonly New Member

Apple Component AV Cable

You can easily connect your iPod to the component video inputs on a TV.
    Click for more info
  3. 4dthinker

4dthinker New Member

You've hit on the one bad mark I have to give Apple for the Touch design. They changed the video output so you have to use a dock or cable with a special Apple chip in it to get video output. That means dock makers have to license that chip from Apple rather than just make simple video passthrough outputs. Dock will be more expensive, and if you have an old but great ipod dock with video you are screwed for using it with your Touch or iPhone.

I also have a Zune 80 GB new model. I picked up an Altec Lansing Zune speaker box with video out for $99 yesterday. Works great with my new Zune even though it was designed for the old one. I've bought two different iPod dock/clocks which do support the Touch for Music, but had labels on them warning that video passthough would not work.
  4. cceber

cceber New Member

What a rip-off!

So I rent a movie, put it on my iTouch and I can't play it using the same cable as my regular IPod?! Grrrr...I really should've bought the Zune.
  5. bmollica

bmollica New Member

itouch tv-out av cable

av cables are really cheap and should work with ipods, but apple is using a stupid chip to prevent this from happening b/c they want you to buy a $60 cable. I dont understand.. will itouch's with firmware 1.1.1 work with out this expensive cable? compared to people who (may) have paid for the 2.0 upgrade? ...there are apps out there that can be downloaded from cydia. like "TVOut" and "ScreenSplitr" will these work with a normal av cable threw the headphone jack of an itouch running 2.2? This is what i am trying to do and cant accomplish. is there a hack or app that i need to download to use as a workaround to make the ipod think i am using an apple wire?

Please Register or Log in to view images