Connect iPod Touch to other computer, not loosing all the data!??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JZ24, Dec 23, 2008.

1. JZ24

JZ24 New Member

Soon I will go to the trip and I have got only 8GB iPod Touch.
    I will take to the trip my portable computer, but all the data on my iPod is on my PC. Is it possible to connect iPod to other computer without loosing all the songs? Or maybe there is a way, how I can export all my songs off iPod to that computer?
    I will need to put new movies in my iPod touch from my portable computer and charge my iPod and I don't want to loose all of my music, when I will attach my iPod to other computer. Is there a way how?
  2. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    You can only sync to one computer unless you're jailbroken, which is impossible for your 2G. Sorry :/
  3. JZ24

JZ24 New Member

But is it possible to send all music from my iPod to other PC?
  4. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea, you have to go to your new PC, download a program that can transfer files from your Touch to the PC. (I recommend iPodAccess)
  5. JZ24

JZ24 New Member

6. Germany

Germany Banned

You can only sync with one computer so you would have to transfer all of your stuff. Hopefully it isn't a lot because it is a pain to transfer loads of stuff.
  7. veeloc

veeloc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes unfortunately, when you sync it it whipes out everything that is on there that isn't on the list of stuff your syncing what you can do though is, sync up, then move all the songs you want to keep on PC and not iPod into a playlist, then when you sync just don't select that playlist, and it won't put the music on the ipod it'll just stay on PC.
  8. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    You know you can set it so you can manually add music/videos. That way when you plug into a new computer it won't sync and you won't lose any data.