Connect Ipod Touch to a Hidden Netowrk

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by joeyd1024, Oct 30, 2007.

1. joeyd1024

joeyd1024 New Member

Hi i was wondering if it was at all possible to connect to a hidden wireless network. My network up at college is hidden so it seems as if its not broadcasting. I have programmed the information into the wireless settings but it still wont connect.

Another problem i though it might be is that the internet checks the mac address of the client trying to connect ... which leads me to my next question ... Is there anyway to change the mac address of your ipot

Thanks a lot
  2. vadimqwe

vadimqwe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i wanted to change my ip adrress on ipot but after reasearch i didnt find anything
    hope theres a program in the installer
    the connect app is worthless
  3. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

there is no way to change a MAC -_-... then it would not be an ipot anymore, that address signifies what that hardware is.

So you created the hidden network in "other networks".. but is there a WEP or WPA associated with this network. I know for my school I had to register my touch online first, so that their database would have proof that my touch is a student's. After that 24 hours later I could connect to the hidden network with WEP.

Also, is this hidden network accessible to students or only staff, because if its for staff, your SOL, thats a 2 step handshake... WEP+MAC/Registration seeking.

(im a networking student)
  4. joeyd1024

joeyd1024 New Member

Well it is accessible to students but you have to get it setup through them. They will not set it up for me because they are F****. I have their WEP key and programed it in but i know for a fact that your mac has to be in the registry to connect. So basically until my mac address is listed with them im screwed or will it not connect to the hidden network anyway. BTW where can i find its mac address?
  5. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

pretty much, complain to a higher source, that you are paying for this school, and you know you can get on, and they know with a few clicks they can register you and its all legit. Talk to a counselor or a chairman or "customer service"...heh. You talk to the right people, it'll get sorted out. Theyre retarded for not setting it up... hidden networks at schools are created for purposes of legacy devices (things that are not windows or mac) because other people in that school have linux, and they probably dont use wine to install a vpn program, they probably use the hidden network.