Confusing jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Bobnik, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Bobnik

Bobnik New Member

THIS HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED AS OF YET.

Feel free to move this if it doesn't belong here. It's the best forum match I could find.

My friend asked me to Jailbreak his Ipod touch, (2nd Generation, MC model, 3.1.3) and I've been trying to figure something out for the last few hours. His Ipod has been running a bit slow as of late, so I had planned on doing a restore before I jailbroke it. The problem was, Itunes kept telling me that "the Ipod is not eligible for the requested build" or something like that. Apparently, Apple doesn't support the software (3.1.3) anymore or something. Around here, I started reading things that mentioned "blob files". I have no idea what they are, and I'm a bit nervous to proceed until I figure them out.

My original plan was to upgrade to 4.0, and then downgrade to 3.1.2, but I'm not so sure what to do anymore. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: As I mention in a later post, the Ipod is STILL running 3.1.3; It was not upgraded to 4.0, nor has it ever been.
  2. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    They no longer authorize older firmwares, you have to have your ECID saved, which I assume you dont. As so, youre stuck with 4.0
  3. Bobnik

Bobnik New Member

I didn't upgrade to 4.0 yet.

I stopped just before hitting the "Upgrade" button to come and post this.
  4. Shengis14

Shengis14 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    the ipod touch 2g MC-model dosnt need SHSH blobs, just google "ipod touch 2g 3.1.3 firmware", download it and then, on itunes, HOLD SHIFT + CLICK on restore and select the firmware you just downloaded.

then use spirit to jailbreak

you may get an error while restoring, for example, error 28, and the ipod will boot into recovery mode (the one with the connect to iTunes screen)
    if this happens, download TinyUmbrella (google it) and click "Kick Device out of Recovery", then jailbreak

hope this helps, post if you need any more help
  5. enyahs

enyahs Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Sorry just saw this post. Im assuming because the 2g MC model doesnt need blobs, the 2g MB model doesnt either. Why when i try to upgrade to 4.0, does my ipod say that it upgraded fine and then say it needs to be resotred again. And when i do restore, no firmwares work besides 2.2.1