cOnFuSeD......

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by j4zz0nz, Jul 8, 2008.

1. j4zz0nz

j4zz0nz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey Guys,....

I'm planning to buy a 8 GB iPhone 3G.......
    I'm staying at Indonesia......So, ihave to unlock it before i put Indonesia's SIM....
    My Question is: -At what firmware is in the iPhone 3G????

-* Comparisons between iPhone 3G (8GB) and first-generation iPhone (8GB) running on EDGE. Actual speeds vary by site conditions. Requires new two-year AT&T rate plan, sold separately to qualified customers.
    Ive seen this at the iPhone page in the apple site....Does anybode know what does this mean???????

Thanks....
    Sorry for my bad english..... im 12 years old indonesian
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sigh....Chances are that the iPhone 3G Cannot be unlocked, and even if you do unlock it, it would cancel the "3G" so no fast internet for you.

iPhone 3G will have firmware 2.0 when released

You MUST buy the iPhone with a contract or PAYG, you can't just buy the handset on its own...
  3. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What on earth does a 12 year old need with an iPhone 3G?

Also what the hell is with the sTuPiD tExT? The title looks immature, not to even mention your signature. If you want people to take you seriously on this site i suggest you fix those sort of things up

Please Register or Log in to view images

Actually that is not true

Here in australia at least, you can purchase the iPhone through Optus in Prepaid form for A LOT of Money, then though you do own the handset without then needing a plan.
    It is then still locked to Optus though but i read this little interesting fact on there website
    http://www.optusiphone.com.au/getdoc/fe459345-d9c4-437d-a665-f36ec10c7cb8/pre-paid-pricing.aspx
    Network Locking: Apple iPhone handsets are locked to the Optus network. An $80 fee applies if network locking is removed within the first 6 months from the activation date.
    Alternatively, if you recharge to the value of $80, no fee applies.

So actually in Aus at least you can buy it outright and remove it from Optus

4. j4zz0nz

j4zz0nz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Gosh..... i need that iphone......bcause im IT freak.........
  5. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Fail.
    If the Pwnage exploit still works, which it may, the unlock is still a byte-patch.
    I already have the 2.0 ICE, which holds the *.eep, *.fls, and baseband, so you'd just have to follow the simple patching instructions.

LOL @ canceling 3G.
    Check out ziphone, it's simple enough for you to understand and it looks like your fantasy world would fit right in with Zibri's..
  6. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Lol, maybe I'm wrong about the 3G thing, i just heard that somewhere
    I think apple will be quite prepared for PWNage, but we will still PWN them.