confused with my ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Icey37, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Icey37

Icey37 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    okay first i thought i broke my ipod because i spilled water on it, but i decided to plug it in and it worked the battery just died, but before all that the backlight went out idk why but it did, and when i pluged it in the backlight came on with the apple logo then the battery low sign, so i thought NICE my ipods fixed. but then after it charged for awhile it went back to the apple logo with the backlight being off ?? now its all dark =( how do i fix it obviously the backlight isnt broken what could be wrong?

k now i just tried turning it on the backlight worked! then after a min it shut back off, it is jailbroken, what program u think it is?
  2. m9r8l6

m9r8l6 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You shouldn't of plugged your ipod in right after spilling water on it! You should have put it in a bag of rice for a week so the rice could absorb all of the water in your ipod.

The reason the back light is screwed up is because it is still wet inside of the ipod. If i were you i would turn it off and put it into a bag of rice ASAP.
  3. Icey37

Icey37 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    its been like 2 weeks since i spilled it haha its been sitting in my car.
    i said the backlight went out before the spill
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    still need soem help!
  4. patpond

patpond New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Can you restore it? Can you put it in DFU mode? Just because it's going on and off again, doesn't mean it's not broken. There could have been a short circuit before the water got on it, and the water could have bridged it for a little while.

Try to restore and post your results
  5. Icey37

Icey37 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i restored now the backlight doesnt work at all idk.. man this sucks.