Confused by the file location on iDevice.HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sam9s, Jul 2, 2009.

1. sam9s

sam9s New Member

I seriously am confused about the locations/path where the media is stored. Clear me something here........does each application installed on iDevice has its own loaction/path to store the file. Like for example two applications for comic reading and two applications for say reading/opening office files like DOC/EXL. Now would each application have their own location path on the iDevice to store/save the file, because thats kind of what is happening. How am I suppose to open the same file uploaded by one application in to the another application. Lets take an example, I have an application called Wi fi file sharing, using which I uploaded a file abc.DOC which the application can open as well. Now once uploaded its on my iDevice right, so if I want to open the same file with my Office application I cannot. The office application has its own way of uploading files which cant be opened in the previous application. Frustrating if you ask me. For every application I have to follow their independent guide as to how to upload a file to view which incedently cannot be opened in the another application. This way we would land up having multiple copies of the same file on the device. Correct me if I am wrong though.

cant we create a folder that all the application can browse and then can open their revelent file format......... can somebody take the pain to explain the directory structure and how to go about this. I would really appriciate guidance on this......

Apologies for a long Query Explaination....
  2. sam9s

sam9s New Member

Its strange, is nobody there to help me on this..... or is it a too vague a question....??