Confused abt all the Dock options(the bar, NOT the app)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ralliart12, Apr 7, 2008.

1. ralliart12

ralliart12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There seems to be multiple ways for me to make changes to the Dock portion of the iPod Touch SpringBoard:

1. Turning "Theme dock" on/off using SummerBoard
    2. Turning "iPod dock" on/off using SkylarEC's Advanced Preferences
    3. Choosing a Dock bar image using Customize(not the latest 2.0)

It seems that SkylarEC's Advanced Preferences' iPod Dock will give my Dock icons reflections when it is on, && if it's on, turning OFF Summerboard's "theme dock" will stack two translucent black dock on top of each other, while the Dock image that I actually chosed in Customize, will only show up upon initial power-up, where my wallpaper has NOT loaded yet(that well-known bug, where you have to launch something for your theme wallpaper to load).

Can someone teach me about the "dynamism" of these 3 settings working together, how they are supposed to interact, etc?

I will very much appreciate it.

P.S. I did search, but there were no discussion about how these 3 things will in turn, affect each other.
  2. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    personally i dont use them all together. i have theme dock ON in SMB, the backup dock selected in Customize and then just use skylars prefs when i need to change between the ipod and the iphone dock (ie depending on what them im using)
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

4. ralliart12

ralliart12 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Posted a qn in the ol' thread you referred me to...in case you dun follow it(that thread) anymore, duplicated my qn here too...hope you can assist me on this. Thanx.