Confused about firmware 2.0 and onwards

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by ri0ku, Aug 26, 2008.

1. ri0ku

ri0ku New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK so jalibreaking 1.1.4 was EASY when I did it awhile ago using ziphone... I think it took like 3 clicks and it was done for me... simple cool...

Now im still using 1.1.4 but im starting to get itchy and want 2.0 or 2.0.2 or whatever... but im confused... im reading the guides and they say get quickpwn.. then download a 2.0 firmware file..

Ok i get that.. but its the next part that says "you must be on a clean 2.0" before doing this? so... does that mean I still have to purchase the 2.0 update then jailbreak it?

Sorry if this seems very stupid but I just dont get it -_-
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

No, it just means that you need to be on that firmware. Clean means unjailbroken.
  3. ri0ku

ri0ku New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah but to be on the 2.0 firmware dont you have to purchase that? for instance im on 1.1.4 at the moment jailbroken.

I would have to go into itunes restore yes? ( I have no idea what version of firmware it would restore too) Im guessing it just goes back to regular 1.1.4 or something ?

Then to get to a clean 2.0 I would have to purchase that from apple?
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You can either purchase it or download it illegally. It doesn't matter, but you must be on 2.0 to jailbreak 2.0. No exceptions.
  5. bbbaseball2

bbbaseball2 New Member

there are many sites and *******s just to download it off the internet
  6. ri0ku

ri0ku New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but how can you download the 2.0 firmware and apply it to your ipod without using itunes? or do you use itunes?
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You need to use iTunes to restore. If you hold shift and click the "Restore" button, you can browse for the downloaded firmware.
  8. bbbaseball2

bbbaseball2 New Member

you first jailbreak the 2.0 in pwnage if you have a mac or quickpwn if you have windows then go to itunes and hold shift and click restore and then open your custome restore firmware
  9. ri0ku

ri0ku New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    AH I get it now thanks allot guys! you have cleared my mind. Can I ask one more question? I remember a while back there was an issue where the 2.0 firmware/jailbroken version killed battery life real bad

Does that still happen?
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

No, I've never heard of that happening.