Confirming ability to restore of 3.1.2 and/or 3.1.3 and its status on iPod touch 3G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by albundy9999, Sep 27, 2010.

1. albundy9999

albundy9999 New Member

Jun 7, 2010

I read and searched through the forums, but I would still like to have 100% confirmation of the questions below before doing the restore with the original ipsw 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 firmware. I am not going to backup any apps on the iPod Touch and will re-install all the apps after the restore. The jail-broken iPod Touch 3G is currently at firmware 3.1.2. I have SHSH blob for firmware 3.1.3, but not for firmware 3.1.2.

1) If I restore the jail-broken iPod Touch 3G with firmware 3.1.2 to either firmware 3.1.3 or 3.1.2, would either of them require the use of SHSH Blob after it is restored?

2) If it doesn't require SHSH Blob for the restore, are there any advantages or disadvantages for staying at firmware 3.1.2?
    - If I stay at firmware 3.1.2, I know I wouldn't be able to install apps that require firmware 3.1.3 and up. I don't really want to install firmware 3.1.3 spoofer based on my understanding on its adversed effect after the uninstall.

3) Once it is restored with the original firmware, would it be exactly like the factory unit without all my install apps from Apple Store and Cydia?
    - I think I should be able to re-download the apps that were purchased previously at Apple Store and Cydia (am I correct?).

Thanks all for taking the time to clarify and feedbacks,

It's a ipod Touch 3G 32GB MC Model.