Confirmed, 1.1.3 out-of-the-box cannot be jailbroken?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by salimras, Jan 25, 2008.

1. salimras

salimras New Member

Hey guys,

This is my first post, but I'm not new here. I've been reading the forums long before I even got an iPod touch, just not posting. But now, I have a problem and I need your help.

My iPod touch was bought with 1.1.1 built in. But now, there's quite a nasty dent on the bottom left hand corner of it. (Blame my mum, long story.) I was hoping that I could exchange it with a new one from an Apple Store (they are pretty lenient, aren't they?). If I did and I got 1.1.3 built in, it would be a good thing because I would get the $20 apps upgrade for FREE. I can't actually buy the apps because I live in Singapore you see, and they don't have an iTunes Music Store here.

However, if the iPot that I got was 1.1.3 out-of-the-box, I won't be able to jailbreak it? How true is this? Is there any way to work around? Please advise.

Thanks.
  2. palidino76

palidino76 New Member

All you need to do is downgrade. There are plenty of tuts here at the forums for doing so.
  3. botty

botty New Member

ye there is away to downgrade your 1.1.3 ipod ive dun it so go get a new one my mum chucked me fone across the floor today
  4. salimras

salimras New Member

Really? I heard that 1.1.3 cannot be downgraded at all because of some changes. Can anyone confirm that 1.1.3 out of the box CAN INDEED be jailbroken? Sorry for being a nag.
  5. palidino76

palidino76 New Member

Upgrading to 1.1.3 and having 1.1.3 from the start is no diffrent I would imagine. Why not try since it only takes less than a minute
  6. itouchmaster12345

itouchmaster12345 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    YES! It can be downgraded. I've done it myself. This is by far the easiest method:

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26467

Go to this page and click the link that the thread creator posted.
  7. salimras

salimras New Member

Thanks guys, for clearing my doubts! I'm gonna get my iPot exchanged. Once again, thanks lots. I owe you.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. kadian215

kadian215 New Member

well u. Herd wrong theres tutorials on youtube and i did it to my ipod i accidentally updated it takes like 10min though and theirs a chance of bricking it
  9. rome2ng

rome2ng New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol,

i am getting one today : )

will test it out
  10. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    yep. until there is a major revision that puts more checks in recovery mode/restore mode, a downgrade will be possible. Or maybe apple would change their hardware slightly, therefore the 1.1.1 "drivers" wouldn't support the new hardware. Just like 3.60 m33 for the slim psp. that firmware included no fat psp drivers.