Confirmation on a few things about the 1.1.3 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Mindfield, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

There have been dozens of threads created about the 1.1.3 jailbreak now -- understandably, but I don't seem to recall seeing these questions confirmed with absolute certainty yet, so I wanted to ask here:

1) Is access to /var/root/ blocked? There's confusion about this because it is beyond this point that ROMs and game data files (i.e. iPhysics) are stored and there seem to be no problems with them.

2) If this is the case, can applications not be moved and symlinked to /var/root/ as always? Is /var/mobile/ involved here at all?

Thanks.
  2. zerod07

zerod07 New Member

it is not blocked, you can move whatever you want there and all the emulators work currently, i dont even know what library/mobile does exactly at this point. yes, i have jb 1.1.3
  3. MBaller20

MBaller20 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    All of my roms are inside the var/root/media folder ad are working fine. I'll try experimenting with the var/root folder.
    EDIT: just like zerod07 said, everything seems to be working fine without the library/mobile.
  4. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

I don't think access to var/root/ is blocked... I think that, for apps that are directed there, you need to create a new folder especially for the specifed app in question.
  5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Nice, thanks. I'm guessing the confusion arose from the fact that users no longer operate at root access level on 1.1.3, which I guess made people assume no /var/root access. (I'm at work and haven't JB'ed yet so I'm trying to assemble all this information ahead of time, both so I'm prepared for the JB later tonight and so I can write accurately about it on the blog.)

Thanks, folks!
  6. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, have a look at update.sh in softupgrade.zip..

rm -rf /var/mobile
    ln -s /var/root /var/mobile