Configure the iPod-Wlan for the University-Wlan, need help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BobAndrews, Oct 24, 2007.

1. BobAndrews

BobAndrews New Member

This ist the manual to do it with MacOSX, but i dont understand, how i can configure the settings of the Ipod Touch for this Wlan-Access.

https://zivwiki.uni-muenster.de/cgi-bin/view/Anleitungen/FunkLANSetupMacOSX

if i tried it by myself, it finds the uni-ms network, i can also connect to it, then i have to type in a password. but it isnt only password protected, i ve also give my login-name, but how?

Can anybody help a noob? its my first apple ;-) Thanks a lot.

Bob
  2. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

If its asking for a USERNAME and password your out of luck. Sounds like its not compatible with the iPod Touch network.
    The iPod only allows you to enter a network KEY, thats NOT your personal password, its the encryption key. Ipod Touch will NOT work on any network that wants a username and password.
  3. BobAndrews

BobAndrews New Member

damn, thats the only way to come in the net, only with username AND password. :-(
  4. theopod

theopod New Member

My library's hotspot requires a un and pw. I use my iPod touch there and it works fine. Only problem is a 10 minute limit, after which I get disconnected because iPod seems to not keep a required separate window open for the library system to work. Thus I have to reconect for another 10 minutes---a real bummer!

Other hotspots work fine without this 10 minute problem. They usually do not require un and pw.
  5. BobAndrews

BobAndrews New Member

seems at my uni, that the ipod doesnt work with WPA Enterprise 802.1X