configure: error: You must specify valid path to your LLVM tree with --enable-llvm=DI

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by mohitd2000, Jul 25, 2010.

1. mohitd2000

mohitd2000 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    While I was trying to make llvm-gcc-4.0-iphone, I recieved this:
    Code:
    configure: error: You must specify valid path to your LLVM tree with --enable-llvm=DIR
    This is how I configured it:
    Code:
    ../../llvm-gcc-4.0-iphone/configure --enable-llvm=/usr/lib/llvm --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++ --target=arm-apple-darwin --enable-sjlj-exceptions --with-heavenly=/usr/share/iphone-filesystem --with-as=/usr/local/bin/arm-apple-darwin-as --with-ld=/usr/local/bin/arm-apple-darwin-ld --enable-wchar_t=no

/usr/lib/llvm has three folders: bin, build, and lib. I am running Linux Ubuntu 10.04 and I installed LLVM via Ubuntu Software Center
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

I'm not positive, however it looks to me as if you're following an outdated guide, perhaps from the "iphone-dev" googlecode page, in attempts to build the toolchain for older firmwares, more specifically pre-2.0. Please try building for the system target "arm-apple-darwin9," and follow the newer instructions, as well as use the newer source code from, this page: http://saurik.com/id/4