ComputerCrash by connecting iPhone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PlusPlus, Sep 17, 2008.

1. PlusPlus

PlusPlus New Member

Hey guys,
    i hope somebody can help, cause i'm at the point of "supersized questionmark over the head" right now.

some time ago, on itunes 7.7, i did the whole registration stuff with my father's 16GB iPhone 3G. Everything worked well, but i wasn't able to put music on it, like i knew from my iPod Touch (pretty much drag&drop).

So here the mainproblem that occures:
    In the meantime i upgraded to itunes 8

Everytime i connect an iPhone, my computerscreen turns black almost immediately, windows sometimes manages to say "new device found", but most trys run black in almost the same second.
    The computer keeps running, but i found no way to get back something to see -> restart the computer.
    Then i tried a 8GB 3G of a friend: "new device found" came up...pretty long though... and then another crash.

So i reinstalled itunes 8 today (nothing changed) , tried to find itunes 7.7 for DL (but didn't)

My iPod Touch 1st Gen has never had any kinds of problems, and still connects as it should (at least one of them does ^^)

hope i gave you everything neccessary to read, and somebody knows something that might help =)

Plllllllleeeeeeeeeeeease

Please Register or Log in to view images

(and as usual: grammar mistakes can be kept by the one that finds them^^)
  2. PlusPlus

PlusPlus New Member