computer won't start

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by hawaii94, May 26, 2009.

1. hawaii94

hawaii94 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Today I did norton scan like I usually do, I recieved a few errors with a few packages which is normal. I then turned off my comp. When it fully turned off, I pressed the button to turn on and it didn't turn on. Any advice

I'm using a hp pavilion m7650n
  2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

It could be that your button isn't working. This happened to my mom and she had to send it in for repairs. You may not have noticed that it doesn't work if your computer is always on and you never have to use the button.
  3. hawaii94

hawaii94 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That actually might be it cause I always leave my computer on. Thanks for the help.

Haha I feel dumb for not thinking about that
  4. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the problem with HP, DELL, and all those other standard desktop cases is that they are pieces of sh*t. The power buttons often die off. An easy way to test this is to pop the front of the case off and make sure the button is alligned right and then try powering up again. If it still dont work you can try this.

You will however need a jumper. The little computer part used to connect two pins. Find were the power button assembly connects to the mother board. Find the one that specifically is for the power button. Then pull that tab off and use your jumper to connect the two pins. This is a way to start the PC without a power button. I would be careful tho.