Computer won't recognize my Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kcl38, Mar 12, 2008.

1. kcl38

kcl38 New Member

I'm running Jailbroken 1.1.1 and whenever I plug my ipod into my computer an error comes up saying "USB device not recognized." This still happens if I put my iPod into recovery mode. My Touch is receiving a charge, but I can not sync it. I have tried re-installing iTunes. What should I do?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

well how did you go to recovery
  3. kcl38

kcl38 New Member

I did the good old hold down Power + Home until the Apple comes up, and then only hold Home until the connect to iTunes pops up.
  4. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

and what does it say on itunes
  5. kcl38

kcl38 New Member

Since the computer just thinks there is some broken USB device plugged in iTunes does not register it as being an iPod. So nothing happens.
  6. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

o well if you have another laptop or computer then try it there if not then use a usb thing in the back of your computer or laptop
  7. francisco582

francisco582 Member

try a different wire maybe the pins are messed up or blow into the bottom of your ipod maybe theres something in there.
  8. kcl38

kcl38 New Member

'kay so my Touch works with my brother's gaming PC. For the time being I'm just going to transfer my music to his computer. I'd still like to get my iPods working on my computer though. What should I do to fix it? Re-install the drivers? D:
  9. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

um you should restart your computer then un install itunes and install it again once so restart again and recovery your ipod on your brother computer and have it on a normal 1.1.4 then connect it to your computer thats what i did and it worked well for me but i hope it works for you to
  10. ryan95

ryan95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey dude I just had the same problem, I fixed it hough. My computer wouldnt recognize my ipod but my ipod would charge. So what I just did to fix it was use a different usb cable. You should try ii if you have a different cable. Hope that helps!

Please Register or Log in to view images