Computer Wiped from Virus

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Qaisar, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Qaisar

Qaisar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    My little brother was downloading 4 games and guess what, no really guess....there was a virus in one.

I tried using Avast to clean up the virus but it could only delete it partially. I tried manually deleting but that didn't do. I had to use 'Cleanse Uninstall' to delete the folder with the virus and it had shown me that the folder with the virus was associated to all my program registries and most system registries.

I had no choice other than to go into Recovery. All went well and now my laptop is way faster! Now I don't have any music, pictures, or my own programs on the laptop. What I'm trying to get at is...How will I be able to sync or move the music files to the notebook without them being deleted from my iPod Touch?
  2. F0N3Y

F0N3Y New Member

1. Don't use Avast. Use AVG Anti Virus or Nod32 if you want to pay.

Edit why did you recover? You could of backed up all your data and then did a OS recovery. Done a fresh install and boom add all your stuff on your pc and done.
  3. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh that sucks. But im pretty sure you can sync your ipod with more than one computer. There a thread around here somewhere but searching isnt working.

My computer had a virus or something about in september. We had to get a new hard drive cause it was corrupted. My dad tried to fix it but all he got was the dreaded fearful painstaking BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH dun dun dun.
  4. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

I know there's probably a better way, but you could use some SSH program to copy files from your iPod to your laptop.

All your music and videos will have random names like H4F2.mp3 but when you copy them to your computer, you can listen to them and you'll know what song it is. I don't know, it's a long process, depending on how much media you have on your iPod, but it's the only solution I can think of.
  5. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Man, I'm happy for you. I clean my laptop when I'm bored (an old Gateway with Windows XP), and it flies. Even with 512 MB of RAM.

Anyways, I downloaded a free program called EasyCleaner. It worked GREAT! I could clear history, clean the registry, clear the cache, delete duplicate files, all with the click of my mouse. There was only one problem: there are a ton of files in the registry with the same name.

Can you see what's coming? I cleaned it, and it deleted hundreds of files. Wow! I restarted--touchpad was gone, internet was gone, all programs would run but didn't function, and I couldn't uninstall anything. I went to defrag--all the rest of my 20% hard drive space was completely fragmented. So.... I used my mom's laptop, an old iPod video, a PSP, and a tablet to fix it.

I still can't run the $60 MS Office I bought, still can't unistall, but I can get internet. Yay!

Oops. I'm sorry. I tend to get off on rants.... sorry to hear your computer got a virus. What games do you guys play? I play America's Army and Anarchy Online. Very fun games.

About the iPod. You can download and buy some programs (Such as TouchCopy, I have it and LOVE IT!) and transfer ALL MUSIC, videos, etc. to your computer. Best part is, the files are named and categorized correctly, so you don't have to rename them! The first 15 days or 50 or so transfers are free until you have to buy it. In this case, I would splurge the 20 or so dollars for it.

To avoid this, just check "Manually manage music and videos" so you can drag and drop files instead of wiping them all.

And about the blue screen.... didn't Bill Gates get the blue screen of death in a keynote speech referring to running Windows 98 printers on Vista?

Good luck,
    Lenz
  6. Qaisar

Qaisar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Can I use ImTOO to transfer the songs?
  7. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No, as it is DVD ripping software, which does nothing more than change the files on a DVD to playable files for your computer, iPod, etc.
  8. Qaisar

Qaisar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    There is an ImTOO Transfer Program. Will that know the names of the songs?
  9. Qaisar

Qaisar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ImToo is working so far.
  10. Qaisar

Qaisar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Okay it worked. Now is it okay if I can sync it even thought it's jailbroken or will it brick?