Computer Location of .ipsw files?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by darkmess, Apr 3, 2008.

1. darkmess

darkmess Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is driving me crazy, I've searched here and on google for a location on the .ipsw files are stored.

I remember going there a few times, but annoyingly enough I can't find them now, I thought it it was in program files/itunes or/quicktime but I guess not.

I'm wanting to find it because I KNOW I've been using 1.1.4 since it came out (which also first froze my ipod into submission where I lost $20 of itunes wi-fi store purchases... I thought Zeitgeist was good, especially the song and music video of Tarantula 15.99 down the drain...) and now it says I'm using 1.1.3 firmware (with upgrade of course). This is kinda confusing cause I'm pretty sure I never restored back to 1.1.4 and I want to find the .ipsw files.

Sorry for your time.

EDIT: Sorry I shoulda put this in tech help

~The Cheese? or the username Dark Mess
  2. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    where ever you saved........ if that is what you cant remember then look in my computer and go to search and type .ipsw
  3. darkmess

darkmess Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well doesn't it automatically download into a certain place? I found a place where they were all at, and I did do the search. Darn dog. I hate that dog. It only found me one thing the entire life of this compy. I typed in .ipsw, ipsw, itunes, firmware, itunesfirmware.

Well, okay if that doesn't work, if I download 1.1.4, and restore my ipod to that, just tell me what will happen, except for the deleting songs and videos and stuff... yes, I am a noob, so get throught this with me.... It will delete anything ziphone about it if I restore? Oh... then all my contacts and stuff will go... argh this hurts
  4. Jeezo

Jeezo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think it's in C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Apple

Check that folder and it's subfolders.
  5. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

On my Mac it's in my user Library>iTunes>iPod Software update

If your on Windows, just go C>Program Files don't know much about Windows, but I installed iTunes in my computer at work and it created both an iPod and an iTunes folder. I'd imagine updates are in the iPod folder.
  6. bulbous nub

bulbous nub New Member

If you are on windows, press WinKey+R and in the run dialog box, type "%AppData%" without the quotes. Then choose the "Roaming" folder, then "Apple Computer" and "iPod Software Updates". That should do it for you.

EDIT: That's Windows Vista. If you have XP, it should just be in %AppData% and then Apple Computer.
  7. macleas

macleas New Member

or try C:\Documents and Settings\<USER NAME>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
  8. do0odz

do0odz New Member

I can't seen to fine ipod software updates after clicking on itunes folder.

plus does this work for finding the IPSW for iphone ?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I can't seen to fine ipod software updates after clicking on itunes folder.

plus does this work for finding the IPSW for iphone ?
  9. thesupermckid

thesupermckid New Member

Wow thanks that really helped me my ipod was stuck so i just jailbroke it again and couldnt find my ipsw, thanks
  10. shavit-h

shavit-h New Member

Mine isn't there or anywhere! I don't get it, I downloaded 2.2 onto my ipod thru itunes... welll, thanx tho! And if u know kow I could know how I could redownload the file...