Computer is broken from GUI Jailbreaking Program

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by bmeng7, Feb 4, 2009.

1. bmeng7

bmeng7 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    [Release] GUI Jailbreaking Program by cywood has made my computer realy weird. First of all, when i pushed the very first button to install ibUSE, the installer popped up. When it was done, my computer froze and my mouse pluskeyboard didn't work, so i restarted it, and i can push enter or push F2 or F12, but when i go to the UAC or the accounts, my mouse and keyboard doesnt work. Same happens when i go inot the safe mode. I am running Vista 32 bit, Home premium, 8800gt and I cannot do anything.
  2. iGirl

iGirl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    From what I read the libusb can mess up your keyboard and mouse and freeze it. I don't know how to fix it, try looking around the site because other people have had the same problem.
  3. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you have to use LiLUSB in compatibility mode, for Windows XP SP2
  4. yuyaera

yuyaera Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ha. mines wrose. first of all, i think it might of been the program from cyw00d but wireless networks wouldnt show up. volume isnt detected, and usb doesnt work. so i restored my computer and it still didnt work did it twice. and now all my songs on my ipod are gone cause i accedently synced it...now im really pissed. and so i have to send my laptop in the factory
  5. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does the keyboard work? Navigate to add/remove programs with the keyboard & remove LibUSB
  6. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    USB mouse and USB Keyboard?

A while back on my VAIO i used a program that used LibUSB, and it ended f***ing up my USBs for good.

They might be busted for good.
  7. bmeng7

bmeng7 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah there wireless. The keyboard and mouse are not wokring so i think a system restore would fix it???

Edit:
    My mouse is a logitech, with bluetooth. and my keyboard is a blue tooth
    im sorry yuyaera that sounds really bad, i had a virus in my computer once, so i system restored my computer 10 times beucase i couldnt figure out what it was... it turned out to be music
  8. maglin

maglin New Member

I had same issue running Windows 7 64bit. I turned off driver signing checks and even ran libusb in xp(sp2) compatabilty mode. You can't use Safe mode as your USB will still be bricked. I was able to run system restore at the F8 boot menu which fixed it. I also tried other ways to get libusb to work and then tried "use last know good configuration" at the F8 boot menu. That also worked. Don't forget to remove libuse from the add/remove programs list. I Hadn't restarted my computer for at least a month and my last known good configuration was way old and I had to setup some power settings that started putting my puter to sleep again.
  9. xKraMx

xKraMx New Member

Reformat ?
  10. justcme

justcme New Member

Hey guys,

First things first, yes, libusb does not work properly in vista. Some people claim it works in XPSP2 compatability mode, but that didn't work for me.

What you'll find is that after you install libusb and restart Vista, your USB devices, Networking devices, and Audio devices will stop functioning. If you look in device manager, you'll find they all show error code 39. Reinstalling drivers for these devices does nothing to fix the problem.

Don't worry though, your devices are not damaged. They simply aren't working properly because of libusb. A simple uninstall of libusb should fix the problem, but if you're using a USB kb/mouse then you'll have to system restore or find a non-USB kb/mouse to do the job.

If your devices are still borked after uninstalling libusb, you can manually remove some registry entries to fix the problem.

1. Click on the Vista Orb (Start Menu).
    2. Click on "Run...".
    3. Type in "regedit" and press enter.
    4. Navigate to [KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class]. You will see a long list of cryptic entries residing there.
    5. Look for the key "UpperFilters" in every entry you see from step 4. If it contains the string "libusb0", then delete the "UpperFilters" key. It is perfectly safe - windows will regenerate these keys if needed.
    6. Restart Vista. Your driver/device problems should be fixed.

Libusb was still installed when I used this method, and my devices functioned normally again after this.