Computer Help - Can't get past verifying DMI Pool data with GA-X58A-UD3R

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Awesome, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Awesome

Awesome Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I tried adding 2 additional HDs and when I started up the computer it gets stuck at verifying DMI pool data.

I had my original 2 hard drives in sata2_0 and sata2_1 and the new ones went on sata2_2 and sata2_3. I've tried swapping cables, ensuring everything is secure, other ports, tried to add one at a time, and cleared my CMOS. Worst part about it is now when I take out the new drives my old settings won't even allow me to get past verifying DMI.

Here are my current BIOS settings:

IDE channel 0 master - Original HD with operating system on it
    IDE channel 0 slave - new HD
    IDE channel 1 master - new HD
    IDE channel 1 slave - old storage HD
    IDE channel 5 master - CD/DVD

It's set to boot from the right HD as first priority

I am stumped...

Also, on another rig I own, I have an ASUS P5N-D Mobo, and the northbridge always seems a little hot. It idles at 49 or so, but under full load it gets to 64. This is with the little fan that comes with it attached. What do you think i should do?
  2. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I own a P5N-D, the northbridge will get a little hot. And as for the mini fan that comes with it, you should only be using it if you have liquid cooling on the CPU. I run mine with the proper passive cooling and yeah it gets hot, but its never caused any problems.

Now with your primary problem, last time i worked with one Gigabytes BIOS sorta sucked as far as the options it gave. What i want you to try and find is another boot options page. And make sure that the hard disks are set to the top/first option. Other than that i dont know what to say. Everything you have set so far seems like it should be working fine.

On a side note, are all the HD's and the CD/DVD drive Sata?