Computer fails to recognize ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, May 4, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, during a manual symlink, I screwed up massively and got rid of every single icon on my springboard, including the dock. Itunes fails to recognize it now. Then I tried putting it into recovery mode. Itunes still fails to recognize it. Iliberty also fails to recogize it. Hell, my whole damn computer fails to recognize the bloody ipod. How do I get this thing back to normal?
  2. plaqda

plaqda New Member

Just manually restore it, or try another compuer.

make sure it's completely off, hold the Home button and connect the USB cable, you should see the iTunes connect icon. GL with it.
  3. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What do you mean by manual restore?

I made sure it was off, then held the home button and reconnected the USB cable. Nothing happened, It sayed off.

As for another computer, I tried it on my father's computer. It gave me Error 0xE8000001
    . I found the documentation on apple's support site about this error, but it isn't helping. I think I have bricked my ipod touch.
  4. plaqda

plaqda New Member

Uhm, that's wierd. I have allways fixed it that way. GO to your applestore and get a new one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wait, I tried my brothers computer (my father's computer is running vista. go figure). I managed to force it into restore mode using your methods. Itunes is now downloading the software. +rep for your help!