completely newbie questions for Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ferrysb, Sep 24, 2008.

1. ferrysb

ferrysb New Member

Hi All,

Sorry, don't know where to post my questions. So just make a new thread.
    1st of all, i've never have an Ipod before, and planning to buy one. And this is completely newbie question

Please Register or Log in to view images

my questions :

Video related:
    i have many video files ( divx format, xvid format ), usually i download them from *******, you know, the AXXO ripped movie, also some Japanese anime, all of them is on divx/xvid format. Can i play them on ipod touch G2 ?
    i heard, need to have some converter, is it free ? where can i donwload them ?

Jailbreak related:
    where can i find information for jailbreak basic ? i know nothing bout it. does jailbreak have anything to do with using an application (games) ? If jailbreak, do i still need to buy apps from apps store ?

Many thanks.
    Fer
  2. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    video: you can't play native video files on ipod touch. use videora ipod converter(there are many out there) and convert to .mov or .mpeg

jailbreak: research winpwn or quickpwn. however, the 2ng gen touch hasn't been jailbroken yet. Jailbreaking lets you use unofficial apps not certified by apple like dtunes, a free itunes music downloader and player right on your ipod, and mxtube, a free youtube downloader and player. there are also themes and skins you can get. I probably shouldn't be saying this on this forum, but you can also get c****** appstore apps when you jailbreak. Mods, I'm stating a FACT, NOT instructions.
  3. ferrysb

ferrysb New Member

Hi jniranjan, thanks for the info...

i understand what you mean on jailbreak, let me do some research on winpwn/quickpwn.

videora ipod converter, i'll check it first.

But for your experience, have anyone try to play converted ripped movie or converted anime file on Ipod Touch ?

many thanks

4. ZoZo

ZoZo New Member

Hey ferrysb.

I've converted alot of movies and anime and it works just great.

(legally ofcourse

)
    Even youtube clips can look great on the touch

5. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yeah, actually there is an online converter that is free. PM me for the site link (cause i got introuble last time for posting one in a post.... ^_^") but if u have the file on ur computer, u can convert it into a copy with .mpeg or w/e format u wish. good stuff
  6. ferrysb

ferrysb New Member

hi hi, thanks for all the info.

do i need to jailbreak the touch first to copy/transfer my converted video to touch ? no need right ?

this feature is default right ?
  7. radionotme

radionotme New Member

You add the videos to itunes and then set the sync options to ensure the movie is synced to the touch.