completely new to itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eyshasfineart4me, Apr 18, 2010.

1. eyshasfineart4me

eyshasfineart4me New Member

Hi, i am not only new to this forum but i am brand new to itouch too. I just bought mine two days ago and need to learn lots about it but i would need simple easy to follow instructions please.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am interested in how to make seperate folders for things amongs learning all there is to know. I have downloaded some apps and got my photos and artwork on to it so far and music so not too bad but i am sure there is loads to learn still.
    Thanks in advance for any and all help.

E.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

First, welcome to iPtF! Second, which generation iPod Touch do you have? And what firmware is it running?
  3. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Welcome!! You would need to jailbreak for 'folders' until 4.0 is released.
  4. metalhead777

metalhead777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    Also, as annoying as this, I must say that <<[the argument between iTouch and iPod Touch is irrelevant and I should not have brought it up]>>. But anyway, onto the topic. Welcome to our family. Folders are 4.0 OS / Jailbreak only atm. State your firmware and generation, and we'll see what we can help you out with.
  5. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Welcome! Unfortunately you cannot make folders unless jailbroken. What model is it?
  6. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Welcome to the forums, buddy... Hope you enjoy your time here!

Like what Gtamario and some other ppl above posted, you cannot make folders on your iPoT unless it is jailbroken... However, the new 4.0 beta firmware apparently has the Folders feature for the touch as well, am I correct?
  7. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Correct, 4.0 is having folders and multitasking and wallpapers. Geojobs' jailbreak ^_^
  8. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    But does it have folders without the jailbreak?
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yes, 4.0 has folders.
  10. eyshasfineart4me

eyshasfineart4me New Member

Thanks for the welcome and the replies. I should have said it is an ipodtouch and is an 8 gig and came out here in England/UK last September.
    I don't know about firmwear or what it is and i don't understand jailbrake - sorry.
    I do know mine does wallpaper as i did that. I only bought the 8 gig as i think it is big enough for what i want, which is to use as a portfolio for my artwork really but it does more than i thought it did and probably does more that i know it dos too which is why i am wanting to learn what it does and how to do it. so far i haven't worked out how to send e-mail on it yet so i am very new.
    It took me ages to find this post to so i could reply. Again thanks for allthe help. E.