Completely LOCK'd Out ( A TRUE Bricking )

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ddub420, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ddub420

ddub420 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK, my buddy has a 1st gen itouch, i told him that i would jailbreak it for him, he said no problem, but there is one thing. The home button is completely unresponsive, not working. I said thats fine, sbsettings would take care of the home button issue. I jailbroke it using blackrain. Added all the necessary apps and tweaks to pimp it out. I returned it to him set up and ready to go. 6 hours later i get a call saying it apple logo screen crashed. Now its stuck on a continuous loop, NOW, the problem i cannot restore the unit cause i need the home button to do it. I let the batteries die out, repowered, STILL on crashed apple logo screen. I tried to use blackrain, again,the computer DOESNT recognized the itouch. I COMPLETELY BRICKED MYSELF, unless anyone knows anything that i dont??
  2. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If its extremely important, I'm sure Apple will repair it for a cost. The fact that you were trying to jailbreak it just voids the warranty, but if you have ca$h you can still repair it. Really, though, just buy a new one on eBay.
  3. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you might be screwed cuz most first gen warrantys are over
  4. Hexane

Hexane New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Use iREB To get it out of the boot loop afaik

Also I know a guy with a modified firmware that auto boots into DFU Mode (Don't ask me how he did it :\ )
  5. bootstrap

bootstrap New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Care to share this firmware/information? I've got a mega-bricked touch that will NOT enter DFU mode using the buttons, but I can load boot firmware. Restore mode fails in iTunes 16xx error.

I'm sure if it was in DFU mode iTunes would properly restore it, but I can't get it into DFU mode at all. With the firmware you describe I'd have a good shot at unbricking it!

Pretty please?
  6. A4MES

A4MES New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If theres no way of telling how why the iTouch is acting like this and theres no physical damage to the screen then apple will replace it for free. You just have to not tell them you were trying to jail break it and make something else up. I did this last time I accidentally loaded 2g firmware into my 1g.