Completely Dead?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Vinca, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Vinca

Vinca New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have an old 1g that i updated to 3.0, jailbroken. it was working fine, but one day when i drained the battery and went to charge it it never showed up, no sound from computer, nothing on the screen, no response from itunes, no usb device not recognized error, nothing. like my ipod wasn't even connected to the other end of the usb cable. I have gotten the red sliver of the battery to come up for a few seconds when i plug in my ipod to my wall charger, but it soon goes away. I did this by plugging it in and holding down both buttons, unplugging, plugging back in or something like that. i'm not under warranty, and it's currently jailbroken... what can you suggest/

also pay no attention to my info on the left i also have a 2g, working fine... lol

thanks,

vinca
  2. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try plugging it into a dock if you have one. This happens once in a while with my 1g.
  3. Vinca

Vinca New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    what do you mean by dock? i could find a friend with one i guess...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oh and are you sure it's the exact same thing, with the battery that pops up real quick etc. ?
  4. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It would pop up for a minute then turn off umtil I tried to turn it back on amd then it'd do the same thing. If i plug it into a wallcharger or computer it either stays off or it keeps turning back on and off. When i plug in into my dock it just charges like normal.
  5. Vinca

Vinca New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thats weird. ok ill try some stuff thx for teh quick reply.

Anyone else have input?
  6. thatcitysound

thatcitysound New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the exact same problem this morning with my ipod touch 2G, i tried a few things like putting it in DFU mode but eventually i held down both the power and home button for about 20 seconds together and the apple sign appeared, it hurt like hell to hold it down for that long but it was worth it (y). It might not work but it's worth a shot.
  7. Vinca

Vinca New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    was your ipod plugged in or not? also, i noticed that when the red battery flashes, first it shows as if it doesn't have enough power to turn on, no lightning bolt at the bottom, just as if it just died, and i try to turn it on again and it says "nope sorry" lol. but then it shows up as a lightning bolt and only for 1 second then it goes completely black, and i can't even make it show the red battery for another 4 hours or so.