Complete nub, need help making theme.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by halo45121, Sep 12, 2009.

1. halo45121

halo45121 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, first post, blah blah blah.
    Alright, I'm trying to make a theme and I really have no clue what I'm doing... I've gone on Photoshop and made my dock and background and stuff based off of hockeypanda32's tutorial.
    (http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=399156)
    Okay, first off, I want to change the iPod in the top left corner to something else. How would I go about doing this? If I just make a picture in the right size that says something in the left, would it still display the time/battery/etc? If someone could walk me through that, it'd be sick.
    Second, what the heck is SSH?
    And third, is there anything else I should know, or will the tutorial that I listed above get me through the rest?
    I'm not very smart with my iPod customizing, as you can tell. Thanks in advance for any help, and I'm sorry if this is listed in another guide or if this asked a lot.
  2. randomdude1234

randomdude1234 Member

um. i think in the theme folder, you would go like this (theme)>Folders>Springboard.app>Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png for the ipod
    if you dont know SSH dont worru about it. google iphonebrowser
  3. halo45121

halo45121 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks, dude. iPhonebrowser is a pretty nice program.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, one more question, figured I'd avoid making a new thread.
    How can I remove the stocks app completely? I got the app itself off, but the icon is still sitting there, and doesn't work.
  4. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    var/stash/applications >> delete the app