complete noob needs help!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ideashappen, Apr 2, 2008.

1. ideashappen

ideashappen New Member

Hey Everyone as you can see this is my first post here on this forum site.
    I own an Ipod Touch 8 gb.
    It had firmware 1.1.3 when I got it in Feb.
    Today I tried to downgrade to 1.1.1 and now I am stuck in limbo!!!LOL
    All I have on the screen of my Ipod is a pic of the Itunes icon and under it a pic of my connector wire.
    I did the power button and home key series as stated somewhere on this forum, started Itunes ,pressed shift and restore ,told Itunes where to get the firmware and it started......then stopped.
    HMMMMM so I decided to try to restore my Ipod back to the original firmware and it gave me an unknown error,I think it was (1).
    So I decided to download ,again from here, the firmware for 1.1.2 and it gave me an unknown error (5).
    I am a member of another forum site unrelated to Ipod and it has been a huge help over the past 14 months I have been there and I even participate in answering questions and issues with regard to FTA satellite systems livefta dot ....( over 750 posts to date) so while I am new to Ipod hacking I am not new to hacking per say.
    I would appreciate any advice I could get.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ideashappen

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ps I forgot to mention I have Itunes v7619 on a pc running winxp pro.
  2. reason2breathe

reason2breathe New Member

Have you tried (while the connector cable is shown, and your ipod is plugged in) holding the power and home buttons for EXACTLY 10 seconds and then releasing the power button, but keeping hold of the home button? TIMING IS IMPORTANT. If you see the cable on the screen you have held it on for too long. All going well, after about 20 to 30 seconds of holding only the home button, the ipod should show up in itunes, and you should be able to restore to firmware 1.1.4.
    I would strongly suggest using a newer Jailbreaker, perhaps ZiPhone (Don't name the newly restored 1.1.4 touch before using it) or iLiberty+ (Haven't tried it myself)
    If that all doesn't work, Download ZiPhone and use it to put your iPod in DFU mode. Then try restoring. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling itunes.

Hope that helps!

-reason2breathe
  3. ideashappen

ideashappen New Member

Thanks for your response,dude.
    Just as you were probably typing your much appreciated response I figured out that I could unlock it using Ibrick 091 and GOT IT!!!

It has not scared me to want to hack my itouch though .
    What would be the best firmware to install currently I am on 1.1.3
  4. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    install 1.1.4 and use ziphone. YOU CAN NAME YOUR IPOD the guy above me doesn't know what he's talking about. I used ZiPhone to jailbreak my touch with all my music, movies, and preferences on it WITH the january app pack. But iLiberty is slightly better than ZiPhone so use whichever you prefer.
  5. ideashappen

ideashappen New Member

♠I assume I upgrade with Itunes?
    Will it upgrade if I have not registered my itunes yet?
  6. F1N4L

F1N4L New Member

7. F1N4L

F1N4L New Member

Yes it will

I've not registered too and i'll never make it

8. ideashappen

ideashappen New Member

I have ziphone and am currently upgrading firmware to 1.1.4
    Where can I get games and apps to add once I have hacked my Itouch?

This is AWESOME!!!!
    If any of you guys want help with FTA satellite systems feel free to ask as I am proficient on the topic of free satellite TV!!!

OOOOPPPPS While I was typing ,and waiting for my upgrade, my Itunes said "Ipod update server cannot be found" there is an issue
    Something about network connection but my connections are fine. Any ideas??
  9. F1N4L

F1N4L New Member

Close and open your iTunes....
    and ignore all messages while Ziphone works. Do nothing in the time ziphone jailbreak your ipod!!

I have to go off for about 20 minutes.... after that if your problem is no t fixed i'll search a link for getting firmware without itunes....

You can get games etc trough installer app which can found after jailbreak on your springboard
  10. ideashappen

ideashappen New Member

I am searching now also for a version that can be downloaded other than through Itunes.